Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Gift Wrap

September 16, 2015

Sent to me by my cousin - Dee - She is always there for me. She doesn't have to be with me always. I know she has my back. She shares my tears. I thank her for being my sister.  Phyllis

Gift Wrap 
You Tube

I looked in the mirror and what did I see but a little old lady peering back at me
With bags and sags and wrinkles and wispy white hair
And I asked my reflection, "How did you get there."
You once were straight and vigorous and now you are stooped and weak
When I tried so hard to keep you from becoming an antique

My reflections eyes twinkled and she solemnly replied
You are looking at the gift wrap and not the jewel inside
A living gem and precious of unimagined worth
Unique and true, the real you, the only you on earth.

The years that spoil your gift wrap, with other things more cruel
Should purify and strengthen and polish up that jewel

So focus your attention on the inside, not the out
On being kinder, wiser, more content and more devout

Then when your gift wrap is stripped away
Your jewel will be set free
to radiate GOD's Glory through all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment