Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bucket List

04/20/2015

Just got back from our vacation in LasVegas. James and I went there to renew our wedding vows after 25 years together. Can't have a 25 year party without Elvis and some close friends. That was the primary reason for our visit but I must admit that there was also another purpose.

Do you have a dark damaged area in your soul that you are hesitant to enter. I did. On Wednesday, April 15th James drove me to where I use to live and work 36 years ago. Everything was gone. It has all been torn down. Along with the physical monuments of despair being torn down the mental scars were also erased. I waited 36 years to face what I believed to be the most horrific period in my life. Can I tell you the feeling I had last Wednesday standing on the pavement in front of the site where so much heartache had taken place. I was amazingly calm. It was like the fear and terror that I had about facing that place in my soul was lifted.  Some people are under the impression that people cannot change. I have to disagree.  With enough studying and gathering of knowledge on life's challenges you can rise above and change your path.  What I had done was kidnap my son out of state without permanent custody. I put his life and mine in great peril. I never gave it a second thought. I did not care what trouble I caused and was only thinking about my own self centered, selfish means to an end. I could never do anything like that now and to tell you the truth I don't know what in the world I was thinking then. Only by the grace of God did I make it back alive.

I have been given so many blessings.  Having JW with me for the last 5 years with Alzheimer is counted among those blessings. I can finally put the past where it belongs, in the past. My bucket list is getting alot shorter.

I started my bucket list really late in my life. 1- Get a passport. 2- Get a stamp in that passport. 3- Go to Vegas and face the past. 4- Wear a saree. 5- Get married again for my 25th Anniversary. 5- Get married with Elvis in the pink Cadillac at the "Little White Wedding Chapel" ® in LasVegas.

New York never looked so good..

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment