Monday, May 23, 2016

From the bottom of my Soul

Monday
May 23, 2016

I usually don't do 2 entries in 2 days but there is a need.

Some of you that are regular followers of Alzheimer's House know that last week we went public for the first time. I started this blog on November 15, 2014. I have tried to be as attentive as I could to post at least once every 2 weeks.  Last week when we decided to go public it was an exciting time for James and I.  We did not know what would happen.

This past week we have received over 1600 emails. I cannot even begin to express the feeling I had that this many people were interested in our story and also looking for some type of guidance on things that we have tried over the last 7 years to take care of JW. To say the least for once in my life I was speechless.

I am posting this in the hope that you will forgive me if I can not answer all of your emails.  I want you to know that I have cried every tear that you have cried. I have walked every step that you have walked. I still walk daily in your shoes. I am overwhelmed by the stories I have read over the past week-end. I am praying for all of you.

Please know that with one email you have renewed my faith in humanity. I know that someone is hearing me. As we all continue this journey through Alzheimer's I want you to know that together we can give our friend, spouse, parent, child or anyone that you are helping the best that we can give.

The emails that I was able to answer this past week-end I cannot tell you how I felt when you thanked me. I am truly blessed.

God Bless You all.

Peace & Grace.

Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment