Saturday, May 7, 2016

Guardian Angel

May 7, 2016

My Grandmother's Legacy

Do you believe in Angels, up there  in the air
Do you ever sit and wonder if they are there
With wings all a flutter and long flowing robes
A twinkle in their eyes and halos that glow

There is a story I feel that I must tell
For my Guardian Angel is real, I know her well
She's here to protect me and guide my steps
Over everything she sees, not much closer she gets

This Angel grew up in tall regal mountains
She was frail and small, drew water from fountains
Love grew where this angel called home
When I'm scared or frightened, I'm never alone

Her journey here on earth, was counted in years
I know she must have cried a lot of lonely tears
Her home was spotless, never covered with dust
When we were there she would make a fuss over us

I was  young when this angel was around
Before I knew it she was Heaven bound
I wish I had known how to talk to her more
Tell her I loved her and lingered more before I was out the door

Sunday dinner's were chicken and butterscotch pie
She never had to tell me, I knew I was the apple of her eye
Even then she protected me from all the pain
Sitting on the front porch watching warm summer rain

I was only 18 when my angel went away
It's not quite the same but she's still here today
As the years passed and the older I grew
I wanted to go back home, the place I knew

When I was in my 30's back to the mountains we drove
Up the valley's, over the rivers, through the apple grove
But when we arrived and went up the dirt road
Love was gone, no longer glowing like a wood stove

Love had died, here on Earth, when this Angel took wing
But I almost forgot, just one other thing
Mae, is the name of my Angel fair
I know always that I'm in her care



Happy Mother's Day ~ Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment