Tuesday, November 17, 2015

How many balls can you juggle..

11/16/2015

I can't believe that over 2 weeks have passed since I was here. To say that it has been busy would be an understatement.

I had my appointment with the ortho foot doctor and I am going to have to have 1/4 of my right foot rebuilt. The metatarsal heads on all 4 of my little toes have been destroyed by my rheumatoid arthritis. I'm not sure what is going on with the large toe. I was crying to hard to hear what he said. I have taken the darn shots for going on 8 years. I know I added them up before and it was a big amount. 52 X 8 needles stuck in my stomach. Then the doctor tells me that the joints are shot. I guess I am trying to manage everything again. I know some things are out of my control. I still give it my best shot so that when I go down, I go down in flames.

I managed to put the doctor off till the week after Christmas. Not that we do too much. We go to James' family on Christmas Eve. His nephew owns a private dinner club and he closes on Christmas Eve and we have the run of the place. I must admit to have 22 people around one table is really the way your Christmas dinner should be. Almost all the nieces and nephews have graduated to the adult table, except for 4. Believe me, when someone moves up to the adult table it is a huge event. We use the pool tables to stack all the gifts on, have a tree by the fireplace for formal photos and play some card game where you pick and steal presents. You have to be over 18 to play the game too. With the club closed though the kids make their own mischief.

JW has not fell out of bed since we got the bed rail put on. Mother still cannot figure out how to put it on or take it off. I walked in on Saturday morning and JW said "who are you." Perfect. I just told him I was his med nurse coming to check on him. He said OK. I am trying to gather up people to drive Mother to the hair dresser and grocery store while I am laid up. 10 to 12 weeks with no driving. That really blows. For the first 2 weeks James cannot drive her because I am unable to go downstairs to sit with JW. I am very lucky to have great friends. I don't mean acquaintances, I mean friends that say no problem, I'll drive your Mother every 3rd week for as long as you need me.  Thanks Jill and Heidi.  After I can go down my 18 steps than I can go down and lay on the couch while JW sleeps and Paul can do the grocery run and hair dresser. He can drop Mother off and go down the street to shop. He loves to shop. Thank goodness, because I hate it. He still will have to drive me to work for 3 months. Plus, I will have to reconfigure my entire work space to adapt for my leg being up in the air all the time. I have moved around most of my appointments that were made 4 months ago and will try to clear my schedule. Like I have nothing else to be concerned about. LOL

I think I have done 90% of my Christmas shopping over the computer. I am now getting around 7-8 catalogs a day. My mail person must hate me. It's not that I can't go to the mall BUT when you have to walk 1 mile to get to the store that you wish to go to I choose to not damage my feet any further and order on line. I like the idea that the outdoor strip malls are making a come back. Park in front of the store that you want to go in and there you have it.

I am almost finished with my brother's family Christmas Box. Brat lives in Florida. My niece became engaged and we could not be happier. He seems like a nice man and treats her right. I don't think you have to be a queen. (I am at princess status right now). However, I prefer the pretty sedate life. They get along really well and have alot in common. She waited along time for the right one to come along and we cannot wait to go to the wedding next fall. Two weeks on the Gulf of Mexico. I'm there.

JW gained 1.4 lbs. when we went to the V.A. for his 6 month check up last week. I wanted to talk to his doctor about what to do if JW passes here at home. That is never an easy conversation but it is something that needs to be set in the event you need to use it. You do not call medical 911. You need to call police 911. I did not know that. If you call medical 911 they will take the patient to the hospital to be pronounced deceased. If you call the police 911 they will contact the coroner and have the patient pronounced deceased at home. We already have the do not resuscitate orders from the doctor at the hospital and one for here in the house. There is so much to learn. Well enough cheerful talk to 2 days.

No snow yet!! enjoy.

Peace, Phyllis




No comments:

Post a Comment