Saturday, December 26, 2015

A stress free holiday.

December 26, 2015

The day after Christmas. I am so bitchy that I can barely stand myself. I have been off all pain meds for almost a week. I cannot begin to tell you how miserable I am. I have rubbed both legs down with Icy Hot and still I cannot get comfortable. I am trying to hold everything together because I still have two days and three nights until my surgery.

The children are coming for Christmas tomorrow. Usually we do Christmas with the kids the first or second week of January. However with this impending surgery I don't know how long I will be tied up in recovery. I must admit I am a little anxious about this surgery. The last time they fixed my right foot was one toe. This time they are fixing all five toes and alot more reconstruction then I have ever had.

My doctor is wonderful and I have complete faith that he will do what has to been done. It's the recovery that is a little scary this time.

JW won't eat today. Mother said that he had a big breakfast and he has slept all day and that may be why he won't eat dinner. She still forces him to drink liquids every hour but she certainly cannot shove food down his throat.  He will not have a home aid come in until Tuesday. My day of surgery. I have been going to sleep so early that James has been taking the nightly duty of checking that all is well down stairs by 10:p or 10:30p

Christmas Eve was dinner and party with James' family.  This is just his immediate family and we have at least 22 people at the main table. The children's table was 3 this year. You have to be 18 to sit at the big table and with my nephew's new family of his fiancee and 2 new children it really was fun. The children had to sit at the kids table and it was a whole new Christmas tradition for them. They were there last Christmas but it had not progressed to the serious relationship that they have now. With all the kids getting older and being away at college and working even on Christmas the dynamics of our family is slowly changing.

My niece left for Ireland today. She was suppose to go with a school mate but at the last minute the school friend decided that she did not want to go so my niece went alone. We made sure that the consulate in Dublin had her itinerary and where she would be at all times but we still are anxious about her going alone.  We want her to experience the world and with her study of art I know that the exposure to different cultures and traditions will help her.

We also cannot believe that there has been no snow yet this season. It kind of takes away from Christmas not having any snow on the trees or decorations. I guess I am old fashion when it comes to that. Just does not seem like a holiday without snow.

It does not seem like a holiday anyway. If you cannot walk you find that everything stops. You are stuck on the couch or at least in the house because you cannot do normal things. Funny how everything revolves around your ability to be mobile. If you are not mobile than everything has to be done for you. Even going down 28 stairs to the laundry room becomes a big deal.

I am going to stop my complaining and get back on the couch. It is only a short hobble from the computer room to the living room. Hope everyone had a nice holiday and a New Year is coming.

I may not be back on for awhile, please keep me in your prayers and thoughts.

Peace, Phyllis


No comments:

Post a Comment