Sunday, February 14, 2016

Prayer Shawl

February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine everyone!

What I have to comment on today is something that I had no idea existed. When my cousin Ricky passed away on October 27, 2015 I told you that the natural rhythm of life had been broken. No parent should have to bury a child. What I didn't know was the family was given a "Prayer Shawl" by "The Prayer Shawl Ministry of Holy Family Church".  Three weeks ago my cousin came to visit me and had a gift for me. It was the prayer shawl.  I have used it for my daily meditation and when I am reading my devotionals but I had no idea where it originated.

Good ol' Wikipedia came to my rescue.

"The prayer shawl is worn as the visible symbol of the Word of GOD and as a demonstration of the positional and personal power that is transferred when the mantle passes. In all subsequent generations the term passing the mantle has come to mean the transfer of authority and anointing from one leader to another, from one generation to another."

This is what the card read:
Your shawl was made with love and care, 
and prayers that Jesus bless you.
May He enfold you in HIS LOVE
As He watches over you from above
Wear this shawl when you can pray,
alone or with others
for where two or more are gathered
in prayer,
He will send His Mother.
You may never know who made
your shawl, nor may we never meet.
But this I know we'll pray for you, 
and hope this shawl you'll keep.

The Shawl is blessed. The Prayer Shawl Ministry of Holy Family Church

I think it is a great thing to do at a funeral. Although I had no idea what it was before now I know I am going to be extra careful with it. 

I just took balloons and flowers downstairs to JW. heart shaped box of candy for him and a bag of Hershey's® miniatures for Mother. A snack for mid afternoon (frittata), and egg biscuit breakfast sandwiches. If you get a chance to go into the "As seen on TV" section of your local drug store you will find the "Eggwich"® cooker that cooks eggs in 1 minute in your microwave and are perfectly round to fit on a biscuit. 

The polar vortex is back and I will be sitting at home the rest of the day and watch movies and relax. 

Tomorrow is President's Day. Federal holiday. I can sleep in till at least 9. Yahoo!!

Peace, Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment