Thursday, June 30, 2016

It's animated

Thursday
June 30, 2016

This past Sunday Mother decided that she wanted to go to a local neighborhood church that was being closed by the diocese. The organist had called her and invited her to go and she would pick her up. It worked out really well because JW's barber has been on vacation for two weeks and it fell on me to shave him. I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and watch a movie with him while Mother was gone and shave him.

I don't think that I can ever recall my Father watching animated movies. I have an extensive collection of animated movies because when my grandson was young that would be our favorite thing to do. Get popcorn, blankets and watch a movie. Now that he is almost a teenager watching movies with grandma has moved way down the list of how to spend a day. For some reason JW has become really interested in animation. The last movie that I bought was "Rise of the Guardians" by DreamWorks®. Not because it was a new movie but because I had watched it on cable and decided that I should have it in my collection.  For those of you that don't watch alot of movies it has Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Jack Frost and the Boogie Man. JW was so engrossed in the movie that I had a hard time trying to shave him.

That is what is baffling about this disease. JW never watched movies. Now he will sit glued to the screen for 2 hours and watch animation. We have watched "How to Train your Dragon", "Rio", "The Polar Express" and "Tangled" in the last 6 months. Just when you think you have some things worked out something happens that shows you that you really don't know anything.

I hope all of you are getting ready for the Fourth of July. Mother's big plans are buy a watermelon and ice cream. That's it. James has had the young man that does all our yard work really fix Mother's garden so that she can admire all the flowers. In comparison to other gardens it is minuscule.  I have a picture of our fountain on the front page of my blog. I really like the sound of running water outside my parents bedroom window. JW sleeps so peaceful in that room. Unless he is having a day where he is seeing things. Then not so much. Once he told me that there was someone in his room and would I ask them to leave. I did.

Have a great weekend! Please do not drink and drive. Enjoy your freedom to do or not do what you want.

Thanks again for all the positive comments I received after my little hissy fit last week end.

Peace ♥ Phyllis



No comments:

Post a Comment