Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I bought an evening bag and I needed a grocery tote bag

September 21, 2016
Wednesday

OK, no one told me there would be days like this. To start off the doctor's office called with the results of my bone scan, my spine, my hips and left arm bones are disintegrating. I know, sounds kinda unreal, huh. So right away the bone doctor wants me to start taking all kind of medication that does not mix well with my arthritis meds. I make myself real clear that there needs to be some type of communication between all the doctor's that I trust with my care. Three total. Okay so now I have to go into doctor #1 office today to have blood work done to see how many mg's of vitamin D I need to take. The rest will have to wait until I have alot more research and some kind of future plan.

Second problem. My Father has developed a terrible rash on his bottom from all the food he is now getting. When JW was home I will be the first to admit that no matter how finely we chopped up his food he did not get proper nourishment. He refused to wear his teeth and so he had great difficulty chewing food. Now that he has been in a managed environment since July 27th he has gotten 3 balanced meals daily with protein shakes and cookies in between. Every thing is pureed and he, as a rule, eats everything that is placed in front of him.  With the addition of a balanced meal has also come the waste product that is acidic. JW had a small spot on the bottom of his spine that has opened since he has been moved so much. He has to sit in his wheelchair to eat his meals so he does not aspirate on food. This causes friction on the bottom of his spine, which causes him to scoot down in the wheelchair, which causes further friction. I still respect my Father's privacy but when he first went into the center I happen to enter his room one day while they were changing him and I became unhinged. He has very sensitive skin and his bottom looked raw. I had a quite a few words for the head nurse, supervisor and director. They changed his skin medication the following day and still he is complaining about discomfort when he sits. This morning I had to have a conversation with the head nurse about his skin status. I was assured that his bottom is healing and the rash is clearing up. Mother will have to check on that tomorrow when she has her Thursday visit. My friend since I was 12 (53 years ago) goes to the center on Wednesday's and Friday's for me. She feeds JW lunch and checks on his condition. Thank goodness for true friends who are there for you no matter how long it is between visits. The upside. He has gained almost 8 lbs.

Ok, my evening bag is full of stress and we are moving onto a back pack.  James' Uncle Carmen passed away at 5:45 yesterday. This is the uncle that took him to Vegas on a private jet and comped his room and food for a week. The jet was comped also. He was a genius with numbers. Uncle Carmen could play cards at the summer house for hours. It was only 25¢ pitch but sometimes we would laugh until we cried. James would open a bid on a 2 and make the points. Uncle told James that there was no logical pattern as to why he played cards that way. Uncle's best game was craps. He could stand for hours and play. When he had to be moved to a wheelchair he would still play. It was only in the last few years that he lost his eye sight. Then everything changed. Alot of family members are coming from California and Florida so the services will not be held until next week.

Alright, back pack is full and moving on to a grocery tote bag. Planning my trip to Florida for my niece's wedding in October has brought up problems that I never thought of. We do live in NY and I'm not sure I am comfortable leaving Mother here. I have so far arranged for 3 people to check on Mother day and night. Someone to drive her every other day to the care center. Someone to make sure she eats. Someone to make sure she has her medical alarm with her at all times. I tried to explain to her that is she fell in the basement her alarm hanging on her bed headboard would not help.

Next problem.. We are taking the Christmas boxes to my brother's when we go in October. So I have presents to wrap for 5 people in a few weeks time. So far I have a Wedding quilt that I had made for my niece and future nephew, a 12 place setting of china, 4 suitcases, 2 Christmas boxes, pillows and a blanket, lawn chairs (for the balcony at the apartment I rented) on the beach, TV tray (for the balcony) and probable a cooler for the bottles of water and drinks.

A friend of mine called and she was eating dinner on 23rd St. the day of the bombing. One of her colleagues shoved her to the floor and shielded her from the flying glass from the front windows that were blown out.  When I think of all the innocent people that were injured it really burns me. Add that to my tote bag.

Okay I think that is all for today. Doing all this plus work full time is a breeze. Oh and I don't have any winter shoes that my rebuilt foot will fit into. I need to go get one of my suitcases to hold all these thoughts.

Peace, Phyllis ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment