Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thankful

November 18, 2017

Where in the heck does time go so fast. When I look at my last post I feel like it has only been a few weeks and it has been 2 months. The days pass in a whirl and I can't seem to figure out why I falling asleep on the couch as soon as I get home from work. I did get a cortisone shot in my left foot 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. I have had 0 pain for almost 2 weeks.

Growing old is not for sissy's. Last week I woke up at 2:50am and was unable to lift my head off the pillow. I was having a severe episode of vertigo and had to go to the bathroom. I knew that I could die in my room before James would open the door because I had told him never to open my door unless the house was on fire or someone had passed on. So I rolled out of bed onto the floor and crawled out to the dining room. I knew that when he finished watching his movie he would be going to bed and see me laying in his path. So he calls the ambulance and they take me to the hospital. When they told me what was wrong I did not believe them. Low potassium. What the heck. Who knew that you would feel like you were going to die by not eating banana's.

JW is doing very well. He has been off eating for a couple days a week but I think we figured it out.  He eats a large breakfast at 7:30 am and by lunch he is not that hungry, lunch is at 12:30. Dinner is served at 5:30 pm and he usually eats a good dinner then. He just noticed a red cardinal thermometer that we put outside his room window a year ago and asked me to go get his shotgun so he could shoot that big red bird. He never owned a shotgun in his life so I have no idea where that came from.

On a serious note. I would like to thank Bill Gates for his HUGE donation to the Alzheimer's research organization. 100 million dollars will help for more important testing to learn more about this troubling disease.  Not in my Father's life time but for future generations to help people affected with this disease. I hope that I am still alive to see the first survivor of Alzheimer's.

I still am thankful for every little thing that I have been given to serve the elderly. Believe me the smallest thing that you can give people who live in a care center or nursing home is your time. I see people who have no one come to see them and they may not make any sense but I will sit there and let them ramble on as much as they want. A smile and your attention will go far.

Happy Holiday everyone.

Peace, Phyllis ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment